- Portfolio Management
- Investment Counseling
- Estate Planning
- Retirement Planning
- Risk Management
- University Of Vermont,
- The American College, Chartered Life Underwriter
As a Managing Partner and Chief Investment Officer of Beauport Financial Services in Gloucester, David provides financial services and insurance expertise spanning over 30 years, specializing in investment, estate, and retirement planning. He holds the prestigious, highest level, Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU) designation from The American College (Bryn Mawr, PA). In addition, he holds FINRA Series 7, 24, 63, and 66 registrations as well as licenses for Life, Health, Annuities and Variable Insurance.
David is a qualifying member of the Million Dollar Round Table for twenty consecutive years, the premier association for financial professionals. Named to the Round Table’s highest designation of achievement, “Top Of The Table”, most recently in 2015.
David is a member of the Essex County Estate Planning Council, the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors, Boston Chapter.
ValMark Securities, Inc., named David “Investment Professional” of the Year, from 2005 through 2008.
Each year the McKechnie family teams with ValMark Securities, Inc. members to make improvements to the Westhaven Orphanage in Copes, Jamaica.
David resides in Gloucester with his wife, Elaine. They have two sons in college, Connor and Ryan.
David serves on a number of executive boards and organizations including:
- Member Board of Trustees – Shriners Burns Hospital for Children, Boston 2003-2012
- Chairman of the Board – 2010 to 2012.
- Emeritus Member – 2013 to present.
- Board of Directors – North Shore YMCA – 1986 to 2011, 2013-present
- Executive Committee – 2009 to 2011.
- Advisory Board – Essex County Community Foundation – 2013 to present.
- Chairman of Advisory Board – October 2016 to present.
- Member – Gloucester Rotary Club – 1987 to present.
- Past President – 2001 to 2002.
Seeing the relief and our clients’ smile of satisfaction after successfully organizing their financial and sometimes personal affairs for retirement drives my passion for what I do.
-David S. McKechnie, CLU®